Thursday, December 29, 2011

Andrea's Timeline--2011

I thought it would be fun to go back in time and think about what has really happened in my life this year. I feel like a lot has changed in my life. I am so blessed....

January--I just graduated so I took a break from school and relaxed...about mid January I started contacting schools and districts to get onto sublists

February--I waited and waited to get my first sub job...felt like forever but alas, at the end of February it happened!! :) I also got my braces on....

March--Subbing really started picking up and I was super busy.

April--I found a part time job here in Silverton at a little boutique. I am so happy to have found this job because it was just what i needed. they are flexible about my schedule as a sub. honestly, it's the perfect situation...

May/June--needless to say, these were my busiest months as a sub. I was working almost every day along with working at the boutique regularly. in the middle of June I had surgery and it was a very important surgery for me to have. It has changed my life and I am so much happier.

July--i was housesitting, working at the store and just keeping busy applying for teaching jobs across the state

August--I got my first teaching interview. i didn't get it but i was soooo grateful for the chance and experience.

September--school started up again. I was eager to get my first gig as a sub. it happened mid/late month.

October--in addition to working again, i was now teaching sunday school and am still enjoying it. i have 3/4/5th graders. they are so wonderful. i think that age is my ideal age. i can't put my finger on what it is i like about those ages so much, but it's perfect for me. My brother proposed to his girlfriend (now fiancee) on their 6 year anniversary. I finally get a sister. Love those two! Wedding is in August!! :)

November--Thanksgiving!! still subbing...I am an on call person for the store, sunday school is keeping me busy, i am a tutor for a 5th grade girl and she is a sweetheart. so smart, funny and eager to learn. :) not to mention, it's nice to get a little extra money. I will probably have 3 more kiddos by the time break is over. yay! for thanksgiving, i spent it with family. duh!

December--so andrea's list of "jobs" : sunday school teacher, substitute teacher, house/pet sitter, boutique worker, tutor. phew! Christmas-it was so special this year. different, but special as always. I think part of it is because my brother is getting married in august so holidays from here on out will be different but still great. I love my life and my family.

I can't wait to see what blessings 2012 holds for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment