Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Favorite Things...


The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree
is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hills

Alrighty...I am a slacker. I have been working and getting stuff ready for Christmas. So I'm going to talk about some of my favorite things that have to do with Christmas. I look forward to these things EVERY year so i apologize if I seem a little crazy...it's probably because I am ;)....SO here we go!!!

Eggnog Latte---ummmm my favorite coffee drink of the season. no contest




Peppermint hot chocolate--my mom makes this cocoa mix every year. it has mini chocolate chips and marshmallows...this year, we got crazy and genius and added 12 peppermint candies (crushed) to the mix and OMG!! IT WAS AMAZING!! yes...it has to be 12...not 11, not 13...12, 12, 12!!!!!


Christmas Eve--we host christmas eve every year at our house and it's always fun. I love my family

unwrapping presents--ok it sounds materialistic, but it's the best feeling ever to spend time together opening presents and seeing the joy on each other's faces. nothing compares. :)

decorating the tree--always a blast in my family.we are goofballs, but it makes it fun.

having my brother home--he's getting married in august so this christmas season has been super special to share. don't get me wrong, i love sierra (his fiancee) but it's just going to be different once these two are hitched. different in a good way, for sure, but different none the less. :)

the music-i love christmas music. the end :)

baking-i made 10 dozen cookies and a pan of fudge. if that doesn't give you the hint that i love baking/cooking i don't know what will.

cooking--i love helping my mom make dinner for christmas eve. :) mom/daughter time is so special to me :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!! Love to you and your families!

The holiday season promotes
a heightened sense of community.It draws our chins up andhelps us look above and overthe limiting fence of our own events,activities and preoccupations.The opportunity for a heroic gesturecan tap you quietly on the shoulderin the midst of a holiday bustle.If you are attentive,you will notice the gentle touchand will be able to respond. Remember...There are no small acts of kindness.Every compassionate act makes large the world.- Mary Anne Radmacher

~Andrea~

No comments:

Post a Comment