Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunday School sillyness

So for those of you who don't know, I teach Sunday school at my church every week and I have the most precious group. They are a K-1 mix. I didn't know if I would like this age group, but I have fallen in love with it. They are so much fun and say the funniest things. Of course they drive us nuts, but part of teaching is patience and going nuts :) I wouldn't trade it for the world.

my favorite part (and my brother's too) is coming home and telling all of the stories from just that ONE HOUR of sunday school. YES. there are a lot of things that can go from ordinary to hilarious in a matter of seconds. so I will share with you some of my favorite quotes/conversations from these kids.

1. student: can you adopt a squirrel?
me: no, that's not legal
student: oh. that's too bad. I've always wanted to pet a squirrel

2. student: you are too old to have braces! :)

3. student: my sister drives a blue slug-a-bug. watch out if you see her!

4. me: what might we need god's protection from?
student 1: the devil!!
student 2: a banana!!
me: the devil yes, absolutely, but I don't think a banana.
student 3: but the devil could disguise himself as a banana, so a banana COULD be evil!!
*at that point the rest of the class, the other teacher and I started laughing*

5. student: God loves us! he even LIKES us

6. student: God thinks we're special. (pause) my brothers are pretty special...*different context here lol he went on to explain the kind of "special" he meant.*

that's all I can think of for now. I will post more WHEN they say other things. it's not a matter of IF. :)

God Bless!

~Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment