Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday

As we get closer to Easter approaching, I like to reflect on the past season of Lent. To me, Lent is a time of spiritual renewal and new life. It builds character if you give something up that you love or work on something that will bring you closer to God each day. Some years, I give something up for Lent. Instead of doing that this year, I decided to find a time each day to journal and find God in moments, people I met (even if they weren't the nicest people) and for me, that can be really tough. Not really sure what that says about me...

Maybe it's because I've been paying so much attention to God and making my relationship with him better that I feel like my life is finally coming together. I have applied for 4 teaching jobs, 3 in Portland and one in Mt. Angel. I have heard back from 2 of those and I will know after Easter what comes next...interviews, etc. I have a part time job here in silverton at a boutique downtown that I absolutely love and I am working with wonderful people there. Since all this has happened, I can't help but feel much calmer. I have always known that Jesus works in mysterious ways, but I don't think I've put much thought into it as I have during Lent this year. Wow. :) God is so good.

I can't wait to see what else God has to offer me in the near future.

Andi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment