Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One of "those" weeks...

We have all had "those" weeks.. you know, the ones where one day you are totally elated with joy and then the very next day you are just downright frustrated and all you want to do is yell and scream and give up with whatever you are doing...well, apparently this was my worst "those" weeks yet...AND it's only Tuesday! haha! I was frustrated with the job search (as usual) and I just wanted to complain...I don't normally do that, but I just wanted to and everyone I talked to told me "don't complain" or "don't worry"...no offense everyone, but sometimes a girl just wants a little sympathy and to be told "it's ok, you'll be fine." thank goodness I got that response from my momma! Moms just know best :)

So after I got that lovely moment out of my system, I found more hope to look for and apply for jobs in Oregon. A couple of months ago, I applied for a job in Beaverton at a private school for a 4th grade position. unfortunately, I did not make it to the "next step of the hiring process" darn! o well, I said that it would be a learning experience and it was. So I moved on. Literally 2 minutes later, I checked facebook (not predictable at all, huh?!) and I had two messages. one was from a friend in my cohort who informed me that a job had opened up in Mt. Angel at the Montessori School and that I should apply. So I did....

The second message was from a friend who I had worked with in retail a little while back and she was asking if I would be interested in a part time job at a boutique she manages in downtown silverton...ummm duh! :) So I gave her a call and told her that I would LOVE a part time job. (let's face it folks, I love subbing, but it's not consistent. extra income helps a lot). I got in tomorrow to fill out an application and stuff (taxes) and then I get to work for a couple of hours (get used to my new duties). I'm excited. I haven't worked in retail for a while, but I love the shop that I will be working at and I'm excited for a little extra $ :)

Since I was in a much better mood, I decided to go on to the archdiocesan website and see what positions were open. I saw that 2 kindergarten positions (one full time one part time) were open and that one preschool position was open. They are all in Portland. I haven't lived in Portland since I was 13, but I think it would be a fun place to go back to and work. Definitely nervous about this whole thing, but I just want a job and mostly to be happy. I'm finally getting there! yay!

Good thoughts are appreciated. Love you all!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment