Monday, May 30, 2011

Inspirational Quotes Monday-Memorial Day Themed

I'm just going to keep this simple. It's Memorial Day. The day we honor those who are and did serve and those who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom. Let's not forget what the meaning behind this day is. God Bless America!


Memorial Day remains one of America's most cherished patriotic observances.
The spirit of this day has not changed -
it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.
- Doc Hastings

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments,
but what is woven into the lives of others.
- Pericles

Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.
- Anonymous

Quotes from:

3 comments:

  1. This is great Andrea! I was thinking about searching for Memorial Day quotes today. :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!! Our flag is flying proud! Fun to see neighbors with theirs out too. So much thanks to our military men and women!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You asked about "Impromptu Thursdays." I actually got it wrong.. it's "Imperfect Prose Thursdays." This lady created this blog theme-- I am sending you the link to one of her older posts where she explains the purpose of writing like this.

    http://canvaschild.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-than-less.html

    *copy and paste into your browser- don't know if you can click on link through here*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very interesting! I like it. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete