Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Louisa May Alcott

Those of you who know me may know that I love classic literature and historical fiction. I found this book today that is BOTH in ONE! hooray!! it's about Louisa May Alcott, the author of Little Women and about a bazillion other amazing stories. I'm a HUGE fan of hers, so what do I do? I snatch the last copy of the book off the table. the lady next to me looked at me like I was out of my mind, but if she only understood my love for this author maybe she would understand why I snatched it up in a hurry ;) one can only hope.

Little Women, the movie with Winona Ryder has been on TV for the past couple of nights and I watched it both times. It brought back all sorts of memories for me. Whenever I was sick, that's one of the movies I would watch, it wasn't the FIRST movie my mom and I saw in a movie theater together, but it was a movie that we saw that I really remember having a good conversation with her afterwards. I watched the movie before I read the book, but after the movie I asked my mom if we could buy the book. of course she said yes because the book is ALWAYS better than the movie. It was. mom was right. I read it and fell in love with it even more. I think I could relate to each of the characters in Little Women and that's the first time that happened to me. It was so real and so were the characters. That's why I read it whenever I can. I see myself in each of the girls and I remember that's why Louisa May Alcott wrote about them. They are classic characters that are HUMAN and easy for a reader to relate to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment